Three-Year-Old Girl Fatally Struck In Bronx Car Accident

A 3-year-old girl was fatally struck while walking to preschool with her mother and sibling on Monday morning in the Bronx, officials said. According to reports, the family was crossing East 164th Street at Gerard Avenue at the time of the incident.


As they were crossing the street, Mariam Dansoko, 3, donned in a navy blue school uniform, was walking a few steps behind her mother, Rougui Kebe, 30, who was pushing a stroller carrying a 2-year-old child. A black 2014 Nissan Altima made a left turn and struck the girl.


“Before the car hits her, she said ‘Mommy, the car is coming,” Kebe told reporters. “Before I look back the car hits her right away.”


Dansoko was rushed to Lincoln Medical Center where she was pronounced dead on arrival, officials said. Kebe and the 2-year-old child in the stroller were not hit and unharmed in the incident, police said.


The 21-year-old male driver remained on the scene. Police are still investigating the incident.

This is not the first time Kebe and her family experienced loss from a motor vehicle crash. When Kebe was pregnant with Mariam, she witnessed her 4-year-old brother, Ebrahim, get struck and killed by a Chrysler minivan as he ran into the street at Topping Avenue between 174th and 175th Streets in 2012, according to reports.


For grieving families, it’s important that a full investigation be conducted. For that, a wise first step is to discuss the matter with a legal professional experienced in car accidents.


The attorneys at Morgan Levine Dolan have recovered millions of dollars for those who have been injured or killed in a car accident, pedestrian accident or any other type of incident involving motor vehicles. If you or a loved one has been involved in a car crash, please contact Jared Levine of Morgan Levine Dolan at 212-785-5115 today.


Source: New York Daily News


Recent Posts

$ 0
A union crane operator fell from a crane injuring his shoulder and sustaining a concussion.


$ 0
An eighth-grade girl who was the victim of two separate sexual assaults in a one-week period in a Brooklyn junior high school.