Few injuries can be as disconcerting as those resulting from medical malpractice. We count on our physicians, nurses and other health care staff to help us get better. Often, we have a well-developed relationship with them that has grown over years of turning to them and trusting them to provide the medical care we need.
When that trust is violated by a physician or other health care professional providing medical care that does not meet applicable standards, you need to know that you have someone in your corner who is more than capable of protecting your rights.
Common forms of medical malpractice include:
- Failure to diagnose — When a doctor fails to diagnose a disease such as cancer or a condition such as a heart attack in a timely manner, the ability to effectively treat can be vastly diminished
- Surgical error — Foreign objects left behind, wrong-site surgery, nicking or perforating an internal organ or blood vessel, and improper postoperative care are the most common types of surgical error.
- Birth injury — Cerebral palsy, Erb’s palsy, shoulder dystocia and other complications can result from a failure to provide appropriate care during a delivery.
- Prescription error — Prescribing or dispensing the wrong medicine, too much or too little of a medicine, failing to review the other drugs a patient is taking for adverse combinations, and giving a drug to the wrong patient are all ways in which prescription drugs can harm people.
- Anesthesia errors — Failing to properly monitor a patient while he or she is under anesthesia, failing to fully investigate the patient’s history, and providing too much or too little anesthetic can injure a patient.
- Emergency room errors — Emergency room care is very time-oriented. Failure to adhere to applicable medical standards for the provision of care can lead to serious injury and death.
More Than $175 million Recovered For Our Clients
At Morgan Levine Dolan, P.C., we are skilled medical malpractice attorneyswho understand what is needed to build a solid case. Our experience helps us conduct probing investigations that can uncover doctors negligence and hold accountable the parties who are responsible for causing you or your loved one harm. We have more than two decades of combined experience and a record of success that includes recovering tens of millions for our clients.
Contact The New York City Medical Malpractice Lawyers Of Morgan Levine Dolan, P.C.
When you or a loved one has been injured by substandard medical care, you need to know that you will receive the full compensation you deserve. Let the skilled attorneys of Morgan Levine Dolan, P.C., help you face the challenges created by your injury. To schedule a free initial consultation with one of our medical malpractice attorneys, call 212-785-5115 or 646-480-1798 or contact us online.
We offer contingent fees. We only collect attorneys fees when we have recovered compensation for you.